Oats Oatmeal Cookies
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Moir’s vanilla essence
- 2 cups Sasko flour
- 1 teaspoon Moir’s bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking BOKOMO Oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in Moir’s vanilla essence. Combine SASKO flour, Moir’s Bicarbonate of soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.